The LTAG technical analysis curriculum will provide you with a comprehensive set of skills and know-how to be able to better navigate, enter and exit any market. If its a course it will follow a well thought through structure and if it’s our subscription service that same level of know-how will be delivered over time across a wide variety of examples.
Courses are designed to start from BASIC, progress to INTERMEDIATE and finish with ADVANCED concepts. Albeit, to have the best understanding the entire programme is recommended.
LTAG TA tuition is predominantly for medium to long term investors who may also want to trade a small proportion of their portfolio and want entry and exit signals.
Introduction to TA with basic theories of price movement and inflexions then applied using the most popular TA platform, Tradingview, to price action and volume on a target company to see overlay of TA and fundamentals.
1 . Market Theory BasicsFundamentals TA or both for an edge? Dow Theory, Wycoff Theory, Elliot Wave Theory, Trading Psychology 101
2 . Tradingview (TV) TV set-up and functionality overview, Multiple timeframe analysis, Vertical scales (ordinary, log and % scales), Candles or line charts or others? Range of indicators, Types of layouts, Portfolios Drawing tools, Hot lists – gainers & losers, Economic Calendar, TV publishing and sharing ideas
3. Price Action Volume as a leading indicator, Candlesticks, Support & resistance, Trading ranges
4. Target Company Chart OverviewTV data available for target company, Historic & current chart overview, Mapping key dates onto the chart
At the heart of TA are a large range, literally hundreds, of TA indicators which do the heavy lifting of seeing trends and reversals more easily than only looking at price action. These can be divided into categories. The Intermediate course will cover all the categories but importantly, based on long experience, suggest a short list and an even more refined favourites list which you can use yourself to save yourself years of experimentation. To see which to use and whether they are valid, the concepts of confirmation, divergence, accumulation and distribution are explained.
5 Key TA Indicators – Part 1Volume Indicators, Momentum Indicators, Volatility Indicators
6 Confirmation & DivergenceTrends & Reversals, Confirmation across indicators, Divergence across indicators
7 Accumulation & DistributionPrivate & Smart Money, Accumulation and Distribution Line divergence
8 Key TA Indicators – Part 2Trend Indicators, Alert Indicators, My Top 8
One of the key things investors want to have a view on is not simply entry and exit points but what price point may the market reach? The Advanced course looks at the techniques of Elliott Wave and Hurst Cycle analysis and Harmonic patterns in combination with statistical ratios from Fibonacci to help you have a view on the future of your investment. All of this with a strong perspective on risk/reward management using paper based, dummy and TA strategy testing that let’s you see what could happen to an investment without risking actual capital.
9 Elliott Wave & Fibonacci TheoryEW broad concept, EW impulse/motive waves, EW corrective waves, EW charting, Fibonacci board concept, Fibonacci retracements & extensions, Fibonacci projections
10 Elliott Wave & Fibonacci in PracticeEW & Fibs on long time frames, EW & FIBs on mid time frames,
EW & FIBs on short time frames.EW & FIBs in conjunction with TA indicators
12 Trade ManagementRisk & position sizing, Comparatives, Stop Loss, Price Targets, Trading systems, Portfolio considerations, Cognitive bias
13 Testing Ideas on TVBack testing, Strategy testing, Dummy trading
14 Additional Confirmation ApproachesCyclical analysis, Cycles applied to key TA indicator, Harmonic patterns
1 on 1 Tuition
Many of our clients want to understand why, how and when they should make investment decisions. They want to understand the basis for decisions they should take hence want the investment analysis know how. However, they simply don’t have the time to do the research fully. This is where a Bespoke tuition programme may be useful. The Bespoke programme covers and has access to all the technical analysis curriculum in BASIC, INTERMEDIATE and AVANCED courses and tailors that material to the issues you want resolving. Our lead instructor will work with you to assist you accordingly. Issues you may want help with include:
- Matching TA & fundamentals for an investment; or
- Creating & back-testing investment strategies; or
- Analysing risk/reward across a portfolio (actual or intended); or
- Verifying trend reversals and/or height/depth of anticipated price movements; or
- Specific techniques to optimise your time and workflow when undertaking investment analysis; or
- Regular appraisal of your investment analysis approach to make sure you aren’t going in the wrong direction;
- and many more
A little like the 1 on 1 tuition service clients taking up this service are pressed for time but instead of having specific issues they would prefer to learn TA by means of regular worked examples using stocks/assets that a broader group of investors are interested in. This service is still being designed and will be available shortly. Over time the technical analysis curriculum will be covered. It will likely have some or all of these features.
- The Weekly View – group stocks/assets of interest – likely trend reversals in the coming week.
- The Monthly View – group stocks/assets of interest – dummy trades position
- Private TG page – alerts on investment developments for group stocks/assets – e.g. intra week trend reversals of note.
- Webinars – 4 per year (on key TA topics – e.g. risk and trade management).
- Individual Q&A – a set amount of private Q&A for TA outside of group stocks/assets. (Not as broad ranging as the 1 on 1 service)